Learning how to feel fuller longer is key to achieving your weight management goals. Herbalife gives you some tips on what foods give you that feeling, whilst keeping your calorie intake in check.
Ensure you eat foods such as protein and fibre which are a great way to stop over-eating..
Protein takes longer and more energy to digest than simple carbohydrates.
Fibre takes longer to digest than simple carbohydrates and acts as a bulking agent.
Drinking water is good for general health and wellbeing plus, it can be a good way to help stop over-eating. Drink a large glass of water before each meal, and as you eat – you’ll notice you feel fuller much sooner than normal!
Lean meats such as fish, chicken, turkey and lean red meats are all good sources of animal protein but it is good to include protein from vegetarian sources for variety, plus they are often lower in saturated fats.
Good sources of non-meat proteins are:
• Eggs – try to limit to no more than one a day.
• Pulses, nuts and seeds – almonds and walnuts are a great between meal snack.
• Soya products such as tofu and soya beans.
• Grains and dairy products – provide a small amount of protein.
Naturally derived plant proteins (Herbalife) are generally higher in fibre which will help in keeping you fuller for longer.
Six ‘Do’s’ for weight control
1. Do control your portion size – if you feel hungry straight after eating, wait for 15 minutes and you’ll normally find your desire to eat again has gone! Also try to eat 5 smaller meals, rather than 3 larger meals during the day.
2. Do eat foods that help you feel fuller longer – foods rich in protein, fibre and complex carbohydrates.
3. Do exercise – regular exercise benefits health, well-being and weight control.
4. Do drink water – it’s healthy, helps keep your mind clear and drinking a large glass of water before meals helps portion control.
5. Do use Herbalife protein-based products – F1 shakes and F1 Express Bar, F3
Personalised Protein Powder (PPP) and Protein Bars are ideal to help keep you feeling fuller and satisfied until your next meal, plus they’re calorie-controlled to help you achieve your weight management goals.
6. Do eat a healthy breakfast to kick-start your metabolism and energy levels for the day.
With a wide range of products that help you feel fuller longer, Herbalife has got healthy meals on the go covered.
F1 shakes and F1 Express Bar
A healthy meal that’s an excellent balance of macro and micro nutrients, F1 healthy meals are high in protein and complex carbohydrates to help you feel fuller longer. Add your favourite fruit to a F1 shake for a different flavour every day. Always keep a F1 Express Bar in your bag so you never miss a healthy meal while you’re out and about.
Formula 3 PPP
For a protein boost, add F3 PPP to your F1 shake. It’s a rich source of soy and whey protein to help you feel fuller longer to help you with your weight management goals.
These are a healthy snack choice to help you feel fuller longer and also to satisfy your sweet cravings. They are a great alternative to unhealthy snacks so use as part of a healthy diet along with regular activity.
To buy any of the Herbalife products, please click on my “Wellness Products Store” You will need to register first.